Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh, Happy Day!!!!


My politics are not really a secret to those who know me well. And even those who don't know me well can pretty well figure out where I stand fairly quickly. (As a quick side note, I want to thank my dear friends - the ones who are happy to debate with me, pretty intensely sometimes, but never take it personally; if you can't handle disagreeing with me, then chances are we aren't going to be friends).

That said, I think we can all agree that a momentous occasion such as the inauguration of our new President is a once in a lifetime experience! Sure, President Obama is our first black President and for that reason alone we can all stand taller. The dreams of so many are realized today!

But I'm also so excited that issues like healthcare for all, social justice, educational equality, promotion of peace and security in a responsible way, and myriad other issues that are near and dear to my heart as a Christian and American will finally be back on the forefront of our government's collective mind. And God willing, with our government working together and our nation feeling a sense of urgency and a positive aura of hope that I haven't seen or felt in many years, we will make our nation even stronger moving forward.

God Bless our new President, our Nation and all peace-loving nations!

1 comment:

  1. as long as you wore your shirt to work, i'm ok with your politiking. tee hee. oh happy day!

    ReplyDelete