Monday, January 12, 2009

Weight Check


A while back I wrote a "Did You Know" about the importance of losing weight in order to reduce our risk for heart disease, hypertension, heart attack, stroke and a whole litany of other terrible correlations associated with obesity.

I invited you, the wonderful readers of this blog, to join me in the journey of weight loss - something that is more lifestyle change rather than diet. In order to stay accountable, it's time for a "weigh-in"!! Actually, my trainer does weigh-ins once a week with me...I do NOT appreciate the constant reminder that I'm either on track - or not. Of course, though not appreciated the weigh-ins ARE critical and crucial to achieving my goals.

Therefore, to jump start the process, I'll put myself out there:
Starting Weight (October, 2008): 242
Current Weight (Jan 11, 2009): 226
Pounds to Goal Weight: 27

Put your goals on paper, tell other people your goals and hold yourself and each other accountable. Hold your pantry accountable, also, by removing any foods that you know aren't going to help you achieve your goals. GOOD LUCK!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, way to go Hovig! You even lost weight during the holidays aka the season of giving cookies!!! You've motivated me to take a look at my pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LKT!

    Hurray!!!! It's all about lifestyle changes - NOT just some latest fad diet. Everything in moderation...even Christmas cookies :) lol

    Here's hoping you reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Hovig! Keep it up! To help you I will take all your Oreo cookies :) Leanne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! thats impressive! good job!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete