Monday, February 16, 2009

Quotables: Regarding Baltimore City School's New CEO

"I have a feeling if Jesus brought him the Lord's Prayer, he would've had edits."
-Benjamin Feldman, Research and Testing Director in Baltimore City Public Schools

A year after I left the Baltimore City Public School System (BCPSS), a new CEO (our version of Superintendent) was brought in named Andre Alonso. From all accounts I have read at the Baltimore Sun newspaper online, the man is committed and passionate, if not a bit of a firecracker. He is driven and wants nothing more than to see the children of BCPSS succeed. I must admit, had somebody of his caliber and zeal and ingenuity been running the school system during my tenure, I may well have stayed longer.

Mr. Feldman, a 33-year veteran at BCPSS, goes on to say this about Dr. Alonso:
"You know what would be really heartbreaking? If he [Alonso] failed. If he can't do it, no one will ever do it. We will never have a superintendent of this caliber again."

No comments:

Post a Comment