Sunday, April 19, 2009

Guest Post - On Easter

Last week was Easter and my good friend NK and I went to the Church together. We had the opportunity to celebrate Easter at St. Vartan Cathedral in Manhattan. And by 10am there were already more people in the pews than in ALL the weeks we have been going there previously...combined! But alas, we celebrated the Divine Liturgy and felt closer to God. But, in the process, NK and I aren't exactly known for always behaving. Below are snippets from our conversations - always quiet enough not to disturb those around us, but always just slightly challenging to step over the line. NK is the one who remembers all these quotes - I forget them as I'm saying them. He actually published this post - you can check out this and other great posts of his by clicking here. Otherwise, I have copied/pasted his post below for your enjoyment. And believe me, you will enjoy them.

The title of the post was:

Christ is Risen! (or why H.A. and I can't sit next to each other at church)

1. The Universe's Most Reliable Network

(as the choir is rushing through a hymn of praise to the Holy Spirit)

NK: Oh, I forgot that the Holy Spirit isn’t as important, that’s why the choir rushes through this one

H.A.: The Holy Spirit is on a 3G network

2. Only Time Will Tell

(text message sent to H.A. during services...mind you, HA was sitting right next to NK)

Some 852 yr old bishop is doing the morning reading. We might be here until next Easter.

3. Luke 4:4

(text conversation during services)

H.A.: Where are we eating after Church?

NK: Man does not live on bread alone, but on the very word of God

H.A.: Touche

4. Taking High-Speed To A Whole New Level

(after the reciting of the Nicene Creed)

NK: You know, I would hope that the choir could NOT do our proclamation of faith at 8x speed…you know, so that maybe I could get the words out of my mouth.

HA: (pause) (pause) (pause) Finally thinks of the DVD players on PCs and the "8x" feature and has to choke down an lol-moment.

1 comment: