Sunday, May 31, 2009

End of An Era

Friday was a very giddy day for me - it was the last day I have to arrive to the hospital for 6am start time!!! Yes, that's right, starting on Monday, I don't have to be at the hospital until 8am!! Why? Because I start the Burn Unit on Monday, an experience that by all previous accounts will be both amazing, humbling and very rewarding.

And while I'm of course excited to learn a lot in the Burn Unit, it really comes down to this: 2 MORE HOURS OF SLEEP YO!!!

Everyone be aware: I will be much happier for the rest of the Surgery rotation.

Oh and one more thing: For all those who received a very holly, jolly, laugh out loud happy call from me last night in celebration of the end of 6am wake up time for at least a few weeks, please know that you likededed it.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on two more hours!!!

    Those who have zero clue as to what our experience in medical school is like (early wake ups, looooong days, and oh yeah - studying for a couple hours at night after the early wake ups and looooong days so that we can pass, at a minimum, three more day-long exams, but realistically, at least four more day-long or multi-day long exams, only to repeat the process for two years of clinical schooling and about four more in residency training.....phew) might not fully appreciate the precious gift that is two more hours of sleep. Now I'm not saying others don't have similar experiences, but I reckon that few are as tedious and time consuming as a medical school experience.

    So here's to you and your 120 minutes more of sleep!!!

    -RR


    Oh, and the new font is a welcomed change! Glad you were able to keep the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. defintion of "likededed?" Totally understand the importance of 2 more hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekherut beed peddem, koo! Don't worry, I understood the "likeded it".

    ReplyDelete