Saturday, June 13, 2009

Quickies: Californians in NYC

Some of my favoritest people EVER are in NYC this weekend and we have been painting the town that beautiful brownish-grayish color that is unique to our Fresno Valley. Here's an update of some of the awesome moments of the trip so far! Enjoy!

Lo's favorite experience from her first day in NYC was seeing the musical "In the Heights". Great choice, because AA and I also loved the show - every song was powerful and moving and the storyline was a lot of fun. Great show - we recommend it highly to everyone!

The Hotel: the crew is staying at the Westin Times Square. I love the Westin and this particular property is one of my favorites. I have stayed here three times before. Well, this time the room wasn't the best. There were several problems with it. No problem - we handled it. As a result, the crew was upgraded to a room on the top floor (45th floor) and we got some other minor things comped.

Singing in the Rain: the weather has been trying to cooperate with us, but the clouds are just overpowering the sun. Luckily, the rain has, for the most part, been kept at bay. But there was a small sprinkle as we walked back to the hotel after a trip down to NYU for CY. As a result, AA, LA and I decided to take a bunch of pictures whilst sitting on the new lawn chairs on Broadway and 42nd Street in the new Pedestrian walkway (which used to be an active road for cars as recent as a month ago!)

YANKEES Game! Great new stadium. Tons of fun eating, drinking (soda of course), and watching my favorite team (the Mets) play the Yankees. Icing on the cake was definitely getting my very first baseball cap that fits my head and makes me actually look cool! I'm so excited!

The View: No, not the loquacious show on ABC with "Babwa Waltwews" (Barbara Walters), but rather, the 48th floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square for an all you can eat dessert and cheese bar and some yummy drinks. Definitely a great way to cap the night!

Stay tuned for more Quickies from the California crew trip to NYC!
And I'll get some pictures up here at some point as well...although they are all on AA's camera.

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for the post regarding the "California Girls"...
    enjoyable reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking care of my girls and can't wait to see you! The pictures are fabulous! Lauren had a great time and made some lasting memories!

    ReplyDelete