Thursday, June 24, 2010

Five

Five seems to be a marquee number in our lives. It is a nice, round number that we use as a benchmark to celebrate various occasions. Five year anniversary. Five year reunion. Five days in a week. Count to five in kindergarten. First Five in California to get kids prepared in their formative years. APGAR score in the first five minutes of life (if you are interested, ask and I will explain this one). There's even a really delicious Italian restaurant in Fresno, aptly named 5.

I would venture to guess that we like whole numbers - we all still remember the sing-songy way we learned 5-10-15-20-25-30-35-40-45-50 etc. in elementary school - because they give an air of finality. When we reach that milestone, we must have accomplished something.

Therefore, today I celebrate five days left until victory. Technically, as I write this I still have 5 days and 23 hours before the start of the test. But, you can't count the day of the test as a study day. So, I have less than 6 days left to study. Put another way, in the more comforting and celebratory way - 5 more days to go. The countdown is on. I have reviewed, rereviewed and rerereviewed. Pancreatitis, cholecystitis, hepatitis, and any other itis is well preserved in my brain for showdown on Wednesday, June 30.

I don't enjoy testing the Gods or inviting fate to bite me in the ass; so, with all due respect and reverence, I say BRING IT! I'm ready. Let's roll.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Charlene!!!! I very much appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue to pray for your "total recall" for the the next five days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe! Eat some chocolate!!! Get pumped, read each question carefully, answer it and then tell the test to suck it!

    ReplyDelete