Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thank You God

This has been one amazing week! It started with an awesome 4-word email (see Monday's post) and culminated today in THE most amazing news that I have prayed for, for a very long time! I found out today that I "matched" (that means was accepted by) the UCSF-Fresno Pediatrics program to start residency. This means I will be matriculating at one of the top 10 Children's Hospitals in the nation, here in Fresno! And I will be part of one of the best known names in Medicine - UC San Francisco.

When I started medical school back in 2006, I was very depressed and didn't think I could make it through. Many self-destructive thoughts went through my head, like "I'm not good enough" and "I had to go to the Caribbean so that must mean I don't belong in this profession" and "no reputable program will ever want me" and "I will never become a good doctor" and on and on. Sensing my despair, God spoke to me through one of the online "Bible Quote" programs. I offer it now to help any struggling medical student or anyone struggling in life. Always remember to...

"Rejoice in Hope, be Patient in tribulation, be Constant in Prayer."
Romans 12:12

1 comment: