Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Committing to Fresno with a Servant's Heart

The City of Fresno is an incredible place. That's right - do your double-take and read that sentence again and let it absorb into your mind. I said it. It needed to be said. Is it a New York City? Of course not - but I wouldn't want to raise my family in NYC, either. We have an incredible community here in the Central Valley, with great schools, nice parks, good people and, pardon my bias, some incredible healthcare facilities. As I count the days left in a classroom before I retire from teaching a second time to start residency, I am made that much more excited by the prospect of serving my community here in Fresno.

In that endeavor, however, I don't have to create the wheel, so to speak. Many amazing folks with a Warrior Spirit and a Servant's Heart (to borrow the phrase from Southwest Airlines) have come before and established some amazing programs for our Valley, to help those in need.

Check out the video below on one of the way Internal Medicine residents at UCSF-Fresno are giving of themselves to help those less fortunate in our own backyard. And God-willing, with the community's support, all residents of Fresno will be able to get back on their feet shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment