Saturday, September 27, 2008

House Cleaning..and Stuff

This happened last time I took the USMLE, also. For weeks I woke up at 630am and was unable to go back to sleep. In fact, I didn't just wake up gradually - it was a full on, heart thumping, WAKE UP!!!! moment...for weeks. And like last time, I had the goal that after the exam, I would do some house cleaning - some rearranging and overall interior designing, if you will.

So, as I currently stare at the mounds of mess that is our home, I am doing the same thing as last time. Wondering what the heck I was thinking in the first place and gradually losing hope that I am even going to lift a finger to start the project.

And one more thing: I have basically lost all respect for the People's Church Administration. They are all wonderful people, but we have called them for YEARS - since moving into this house - to find a solution to the noise problem. Don't get me wrong, we NEVER complain about the kids and their noise during the school hours - that is something we expect and would not even dare mention, and frankly, find it as a joyful noise. But it is the noise of a leaf blower that started at 7:36 am on a Saturday or the noise of the Maintenance staff loudly talking, laughing, and even using profanity at 6:38 am on a Sunday or the sound of them closing up the shop at midnight that has gone on too long and not been rectified despite repeated efforts on our parts. Any time we call them, the office staff says, very VERY nicely, by the way, that they will not start the noise before 8am. While not ideal on a Saturday, it is a wonderful compromise that we are willing to accept. But yet, the leaf blower is going as we speak - currently at 7:45am.

Life in Fresno continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment