Sunday, October 19, 2008

Coming to NYC...NOW!!!!

Things have been moving extremely fast, even for me, since I found out I passed my exam this past Wednesday. My school has been extremely accommodating and efficient in helping me find the right placements for my rotations and making sure I can get back on track sooner rather than later.

That said, I'M COMING TO NEEWWWWWW YOORRRRRRKKKKK!!!!!!!!! (Add Sinatra refrain here.) My school was able to schedule me into my clinical rotations starting next Monday, October 27th. Here is my schedule for the next year:
  • 10/27/08 - 11/7/08: Radiology (Elective)
  • 11/10/08 - 12/19/08: OB/GYN (Core)
  • 12/22/08 - 3/13/09: Internal Medicine (Core)
  • 3/16/09 - 6/5/09: General Surgery (Core)
  • 6/8/09 - 7/17/09: Psychiatry (Core)
As you can see, we have not been able to schedule the Pediatrics core rotation yet, but we are going to keep working on that - we have until July of 2009 to figure it out :) As you can also see, my Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year and any other major holiday between now and Labor Day next year will be spent in a hospital working. That's OK, patients especially need love during Christmas time!

So, I haven't yet exactly said when I'm leaving for New York. Here is the bombshell: I leave tomorrow, Monday, October 20. Like I said, things are moving extremely fast! :) Here is my flight itinerary and schedule:


Monday, October 20, 2008:
United Airlines Flight 6676
Depart FAT (Fresno) at 7:22 am
Arrive DEN (Denver) at 10:37 am

United Airlines Flight 750
Depart DEN at 12:20pm
Arrive EWR (Newark) at 6:09 pm

Can't wait to see you all in NYC. And I HOPE I can see you all in Fresno before my departure. I will miss you all very much, but remember - the distance (and flights) to NYC are super easy and cheap to negotiate - make it happen!!

4 comments:

  1. Ummm...hellllooo! Where on your blog is your fabulous visit to your old lifeguard stomping grounds? The place where you reconnected with your fabulous friends? We miss you already Hovig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I would say "knock 'em dead," but I guess that doesn't really work in this sort of situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY HO HO'S COMING TO NY!!! :-D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I can't believe you! You are worse then me at being all over the place! Ok, so, that being said. I'm coming to NY too!!!!! I'll be there 5th to the 12th of Nov. Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun are pretty booked... but Mon and Tues are good to go. Lets hang. Love ya!

    t :)

    ReplyDelete