Friday, October 24, 2008

Seeing Old Friends Anew

This week in NYC has been pretty hectic and chaotic. I have been searching for apartments - but everyone works, so I spend the majority of my day just exploring Manhattan or doing nothing, then after 7pm, I fit in several apartment viewings really quick before heading home on the subway. Come to find out, the subway is basically built to get people from the boroughs into Manhattan - therefore, a subway ride from Brooklyn to Queens and vice versa can take upwards of two hours because you must basically do a U through Manhattan - there are no direct subway routes north/south from Brooklyn to Queens. Great.

I'll post more about the apartment hunt another time - I'm still exhausted from it - suffice it to say, apartment hunting in NYC is NOT like the amazing fortunes of Sex and the City. Turns out real life, yet again, is NOT like the TV. Oh well.

Today I wanted to post about seeing old friends again. Just before I came to NYC, I saw the awesome folks at the City of Santa Fe Springs Aquatic Center, where I worked one summer back in 2002. These guys are AMAZING people and we spent what turned into almost three hours that I was there just laughing and laughing and laughing.

Then, Carla took me to San Diego where I saw a whole crew of wonderful friends from ACYO and we spent a wonderful day together.

And of course, now I'm in NYC, where all my friends from med school are basically already doing their clinicals. I get to start on Monday. But point is, we are all back together again like we were on the island - and it is great to be helping and supporting one another again in this very vast city where one can easily get lost without a trace.

2 comments:

  1. remember if you end up in pediatrics you will be telling little ones that they cannot stick spider legs or other monster things up their nose!!! Good luck with the apartment hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We had a great time too! Thanks for stopping by to share some Hovig with us...good luck!

    ReplyDelete