Friday, October 3, 2008

Malls are a Beautiful Thing

When I lived in St. Maarten, my roommate had some cologne from Burberry that smelled exactly like Mall. That's right, good ol' American Mall - the indoor extravaganza of shops of all kinds, people of all backgrounds, and the gears of the American economy. And so, when I was in a particularly bad/sad mood due to an occurrence that could only happen on the Rock, I would go into his room and smell that cologne, close my eyes, and imagine myself in a good old American mall, enjoying being back in civilized society again.

One might say my wish has come true. I'm currently sitting at the Thousand Oaks, OAKS Mall - it is a GORGEOUS mall, absolutely stunning and beautiful. They really have done an awesome job over the years of keeping it updated, fashionable, and chic. Why am I here? Because they have internet, something missing at my aunt's house. So, I sit here, checking my email and writing a quick blog entry. I do love this mall - lots of memories here. My aunts and I used to do laps here when I was younger. I LOVED coming to the mall - it meant getting to play in the Brookstone - and what kid doesn't like playing at Brookstone? It also occasionally meant a cookie or some sort of nice, sugary, absolutely unhealthy treat - outside the confines of my mother's disapproving gaze. It was (and is, since it is offering me free internet at the moment) heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment