Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Are America! A Day to Remember


I want to remember this moment! I was witness to our new President being sworn into office. At the exact moment, I was wearing my white coat, stethoscope around my neck, crisp button down shirt with a nice tie and classy pants. I was sitting with my colleagues in the room usually reserved for lectures on congestive heart failure, kidney diseases and other medical topics. We all watched the television screen as our 44th President - indeed, the 44th consecutive transfer of power without incident - took his oath of office. And afterwards, as a thank you from our residents who had secretly collected money, they threw us a celebratory pizza bash, complete with yummy NY pizza and soda. Call it an adult's pizza party for doing our job well.

I want to remember this moment! I was witness to a new President being sworn into office. A President who evokes feelings of hope, positive change, and happiness. One who calls upon us to face our challenges without fear and to stand tall, for we are America.

I want to remember this moment! Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment