Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quickies: DC, Twitter, Staten Island, NYSC

1. DC Trip: I am now in DC - I arrived today on the Tripper Bus, which dropped me off in Bethesda very near to where my family lives! How excited am I to be back in old stomping grounds!!! I can't wait to visit Baltimore and see Booker T again and have an amazing week with my nephews and old friends. On a side note, the Tripper Bus is absolutely AMAZING - I recommend it highly. The driver was extremely courteous, the ride was smooth and comfortable, they showed a movie, the bus was immaculately clean, and we departed and arrived on time. Excellent service!

2. Twitter: I have succumbed to the curiosity and pressure. If you take a look to the left of the screen, there is a new feature called "Dispatches o' the Journey" - this is a Twitter. For those of you who haven't heard of Twitter (myself included until recently), it allows me to send text messages from my phone that are automatically updated onto my blog - so even when I don't have time or am not by the computer to write a full blog post, I can send a text message with a small update! You can now LITERALLY follow me every moment of the day...assuming I post that many updates. Little weird and stalkerish, but I'm willing to try it out. I DO love the texting feature.

3. Staten Island: I'm all moved to Staten Island now. When I return to NYC on the 29th, I will be in Staten Island for 3 months during my surgery rotation. Should be exciting. Well, maybe not - it is Staten Island, after all. The only saving grace is I have an awesome roommate.

4. NYSC: The New York Sports Club, the gym with which I am a member, is offering a special promotion until the end of March. Join and mention that I referred you and I get $50. I'm willing to give you a cut. But mostly, you should join for your own health. The $50 will only help me in my pursuit to reduce my circa $150,000 and growing debt. But really, don't feel obligated.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think that if you would stop going to lunch and dinner you wouldn't have to spend so much time at the gym!
    Michael figured out that he needs to look in an encylopedia or computer to find out how many stories the empire state building has, will tell you if he actually finds the answer! Still waiting for pictures, and would love to see your new place in Staten Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got an email from my dad's email account saying that he had joined twitter and wanted me to join. I promptly called my brother, who was home at the time, to tell him that he might want to check our home computer for viruses because I just got an email from dad's email account that CLEARLY he didn't send. It turns out that was dad DID join Twitter...I guess I'm behind! You'll have to tell me how you like it!

    ReplyDelete