Monday, March 23, 2009

Trip to Washington DC

I spent the day today in our nation's Capitol and I had an absolutely amazing time. I always feel such a great energy when I walk along the beautiful sidewalks of Washington DC. Such history and such excitement! I had a tour of the DNC by my great friend RK. Then, I walked around the Capitol grounds - it was a gorgeous, sunny day today and I soaked it all up. I also walked by the Supreme Court and all the Senate and Congressional office buildings, where the Senators and Congressman conduct their daily business.

Picture update: Since I recently moved and am currently not home, I am not sure where I put the wire that connects my Blackberry camera to the computer - therefore, pictures of all my travels last week in NYC and this week in DC will be forthcoming. Please be patient!

Just as an update on NYC for my FAVORITE 2nd/3rd graders: I have oodles of pictures of skyscrapers, of the Statue of Liberty, of the Empire State Building, of a hot dog vendor, and of me on the Staten Island Ferry (that is a boat that shuttles folks around).

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for including us in ur thoughts and ur daily adventures! Our theme we r reading is Voyagers so ur our traveler! Can't wait to c pictures, and sorry to say NOT one of these scholars have found the 100 pt. answer to ur question! I won't count guessing! We miss u! When r u coming to visit?

    ReplyDelete