Thursday, March 19, 2009

Skyscrapers and Statues and Vendors...OH MY!!

You know, it is amazing how fast the week passes by when you are just chillin'! It is already Thursday! Here is what I have done so far on my days off:

Monday: Awoke at 11am, went to the gym for two hours, studied for 4 hours, went to dinner with some friends.

Tuesday: Awoke at 10am, went to the gym for two hours, studied for 4 hours, went to dinner with some other friends.

Wednesday: Awoke at 7am, went to the gym for an hour and half, met a friend for lunch from Fresno, studied for three hours, went to dinner with some other friends.

You know, for being somebody who likes to be spontaneous sometimes, I'm sure not proving it! But in my defense, my FAVORITE 2nd/3rd graders didn't give me a list of things they wanted to see until yesterday afternoon. And let me tell you, they came up with some exciting and truly unique things! That being said, I leave for DC on Saturday so there is no way I'm going to be able to get to all the places before I leave, but hopefully as many as I can! Stay tuned to the blog for pictures and story updates on where I go!

OH - and of course, after a week of beautiful temperatures and sun sun sun, today it is overcast and expected to rain. OF COURSE! Therefore, not a good day to visit the top of the Empire State Building - but hopefully the rains will clean up the air today and tomorrow will be sparkly outside for a visit. CLASS - WHO KNOWS: HOW MANY STORIES IS THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING? IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER, WHERE CAN YOU LOOK IT UP??? 100 POINTS TO THE FIRST TEAM TO LOOK UP THE ANSWER!!!

Jasmine - you want to see a skyscraper? There are an incredible amount of them in New York City. In fact, the Empire State Building is a skyscraper! I'll get a picture of a skyscraper up on here soon - it will be one of the first things - stay tuned!

Angelina - no, there is no more snow here at the moment. Although, this being New York, you can never tell if the weather will take one more dip into cold temperatures and dump some more snow on us. But at this point in the season, it is unlikely. What is the temperature like in Fresno now? Warming up, I bet!

Have a great day in class today!!!
And hopefully I'm going to have a great day in NYC today!!

1 comment:

  1. "Although, this being New York, you can never tell if the weather will take one more dip into cold temperatures and dump some more snow on us. But at this point in the season, it is unlikely..." Really? Did you REALLY have to say that? For everyone that doesn't know, there was snow in New York the day after this was posted...

    ReplyDelete