Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekends Move Too Fast

I love the weekends. I get studying done, I get some rest and relaxation, I complete most of my personal errands, and I even fit in some fun with friends. But this all comes to an end toward the end of Sunday when the mind starts drifting back to what will have to happen less than 24 hours later - going back to work. Granted, "work" for me is a relative term. I AM still a student, after all; however, my "classes" are in the hospital with real patients and real decisions that can make real impacts on the lives of others - so ya, I go to work.

And quite frankly, I'm over it.

That's right, I am over going to work. I don't enjoy the trouble of getting mentally ready the night before. I don't enjoy the daily task of picking out a shirt and tie and pants. I despise having to leave the house before it is even light outside. And I vehemently protest the 1 hour train ride I must take to work, having to hug my neighbor since it is rush hour and the train is pretty packed.

Some of you will send encouraging notes in the comments about making the best of it and looking on the bright side. Listen - I have rosier glasses than just about anyone. But regardless, Monday mornings are not my thing. And until I find a ridiculously satisfying job, they will continue to bug me and leave me asking, "WHY?!"

2 comments:

  1. when you get your answer to "why?" share it with me too cuz I too dread Monday! However, I try to remind myself that I need to count my blessings because more often than not, my worst day might be the best day some other person in the world will ever have. Their idea of a good day is finding a piece of plastic tarp to protect their family from the sun or rain! Celebrate the great days, endure the rest of them and don't wish away today-embrace it cuz who knows what tomorrow brings! miss you! Talked to Grandma and Mom today at Church! AND keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete