Tuesday, May 19, 2009

TESTING New Site Design

I have a new post for today, located just below this one. But I wanted to make a quick acknowledgment of the new site design! There were a few hiccups in the transition to this new design - for example, I lost all my links to other blogs I read. I was able to recover some of them, but if I lost you and can't remember your web address off the top of my head, PLEASE email me and let me know your website address again! There are a couple other problems that I'm discovering as I go, so I may very well revert back to the old site design or try a different one altogether.

As you can see, the new design captures a beautiful site off the Brooklyn Bridge...something I get to see often! It is more hip and urban. It also allows me to display my Twitter updates more prominently while also allowing easier access to the Category links so you can more easily access past posts on the blog. Yes, "easy access" was key here (and "that's what she said!")

Please hit the comments and let me know what you think! If the majority don't like it, I'll go back to the old design...or find another new one!

3 comments:

  1. it reminds me of maybe a future book cover?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud your efforts at the new interior design. It takes courage to change what one has become accustomed to. With that, I shall offer my opinion of the new design: bring back the original! Or maybe just give it another whirl. The font on this one is very difficult to read, which makes the overall customer experience sub-par, and the set-up (with posts being left of center) is not quite visually appealing. You will not lose this loyal customer based on the new format, but I hope these suggestions are not for naught.

    Keep on enhancing people surgically!

    -RR

    ReplyDelete