Sunday, June 21, 2009

Boo to You: Salvation Army

I am introducing a new Blog Award. I am calling it the "Boo To You: Big Thumbs Down" Award. I have created this award now in response to a mind-boggling refusal by the Salvation Army to accept my basically brand new full-size mattress and box spring.

Perhaps somebody who reads this blog has ties to the Salvation Army or knows why they have some of these fairly asinine policies...because the agent on the phone with me couldn't be bothered to explain.

Here's what happened: I will no longer be living in NYC, therefore had to get rid of my bed. I tried selling on Craigslist (something that I was ultimately able to do), but at first no responses to my ad got me a bit nervous. So, I called Salvation Army. I told them I had a full size mattress and box spring that I had purchased new 9 months ago and I wanted to donate it. His response: "you don't have a frame?" No, I don't. "Then we won't accept it."

EXCUSE ME?!?! Funny, my ass was able to sleep on the bed just fine for the last nine months without a frame.

Refused.

Dude, you can just go buy a $30 frame from Sears and give a family in need the opportunity to get a perfectly fine bed!!

Denied.

WHAT?! Who comes up with this stuff? This is downright STUPID!

Therefore, for refusing to accept a great, comfortable, clean, and awesome bed that a family in need could have absolutely used, the Salvation Army has earned itself a big, FAT thumbs down and BOOOO to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment