Monday, June 7, 2010

Quickies: Test Date, Party and Travel Ideas

Test Update: I have scheduled THE test for June 30 here in Fresno. I'm excited because this is my time. I will be passing and I can't wait to feel the success and achievement, finally. And with passing, will come official graduation and my joining the ranks of medical doctors throughout the world.

Party Central: Many have asked about my graduation. The official graduation day for my school passed last week - CONGRATULATIONS TO NK who did participate in the day in St. Martin. I, however, never had plans to attend. Even if just my mom and I were to go, the airfare, hotel, food, and incidentals would approach $2,000. Therefore, instead I have wanted to throw a big party here in Fresno. I should find out I passed on or around July 21 so I'm thinking a big hoopla in August is in order. Let's get everyone together for some food, dancing and fellowship.

Travel Ideas: I am going to have a ton of free time after I pass my test and before residency starts. And trying to find a job right now is proving to be impossible! Research places want someone with experience. Teachers are losing jobs left and right. Airlines aren't hiring. I may be able to get a job at Starbucks, but many places like that keep saying I am "overqualified" - who knew there was such a thing. Therefore, I want to travel and explore new places. If you have any great suggestions for American or international destinations, hit the comments and share!

Back to studying for now!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Hovig!!! You are wonderful! Maybe I will be around Fresno in August...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come to Hawaii...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I know I'm a little late, but I'm headed to Brisbane and Hervey Bay Australia...July 28-August 9. Tickets are really cheap and the exchange rate for Americans is great! You should come. :-) ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete