Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quickies: 200 Posts, 27 Days, 24 Hours

1. 200 Posts!
I don't know what a milestone counts as in the world of blogging, but I reached several milestones recently. On Sunday, I posted my 200th blog entry since entering the world of sharing my stories with anybody who wants to read them in the world. In the last week, I also surpassed 10,000 visitors to my website since I started. It is incredible to me that so many people are actually interested in my life...or that very few people visit my website that often! Regardless, thank you for all the support and for at least pretending that my stories are fascinating enough to earn your time and interest. I noticed that there is a new feature offered where you can take all the blog entries and turn them into a book! What a neat idea. I envision one day gifting such a thing to my children so they can see that I wasn't always boring and tired. (This is NOT a place for comment, AA - not the airline).

2. 27 Days
I don't often act spontaneously and I'm not sure I acted spontaneously in this case, either, since I have been talking about taking a trip for months. Well, with Spring Break coming up in 27 days the time has also arrived to make a decision about taking a trip. Flights are booking up, prices are high and in about 3 months when residency commences I won't have enough time to even tie my shoelaces. So, I took the plunge (corny pun intended as a hint as to what I did). One of my friends who also will be starting residency in June and I will be visiting some incredible places that I have never seen before as we set sail on the Carnival Legend for a 7 night cruise of the exotic Western Caribbean! We leave from Tampa and Port of Calls include the Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Honduras, and Belize. Add to that 2 fun-filled days at Sea on the ship and I am looking forward to one heck of a week. Now, I just need to find some airfare that is reasonably priced...

3. 24 Hours
The amazing debate and forensics teams from my high school (and through out the Central Valley) will be meeting up in Bakersfield this weekend for the National Qualifying Tournament. I am extremely excited for our kids and very much hope that many of them will earn a spot to Nationals, the most prestigious event in a debaters career. My debate partner and I from Edison qualified to Nationals our Junior year in debate and I qualified in "Congress" my senior year. As a result, I got to see Phoenix (way too hot) and Portland (amazing natural reserves!). I will be driving one of the vans full of our very talented kids and therefore will be out of town from Thursday to Saturday. Should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love you Hovig!!! So great to get caught up with you through your blog! The curise sounds amazing!!!

    Your students are so lucky to have you! I love how you embrace life so fully and beautifully!

    Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete