Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quickies: California Sunshine, Surgery Exhaustion, and Stupid Passengers

1. California Lovin': I was in California from May 1 to May 3 for a dear friend's wedding in LA. It was awesome. Being back in Cali really reminded me why I love California! I had not been back since October and, although I love NYC, there is no place like home. I can't wait to come back to Fresno on June 23...just in time for the ridiculously hot summer months!

2. Surgery Exhaustion: I was hoping to get a new post out before it happened, but alas, my good friend NK called me out for taking too long to post. I gotta tell you - having to report to the hospital by 6am really knocks the wind out of me for the entire day. I am NOT a morning person. Not trying to make excuses, just telling the honest truth: by the time I reach the end of the day, around 6pm, I'm totally and completely pooped! I haven't even gone to the gym for almost three weeks now. My weight loss goals are not being reached, my nutritional goals aren't being reached, and quite frankly, I can't even study as much as I would prefer. I would much rather work from 10am to 10pm rather than 6am to 5pm.

3. Stupid Passengers: OK, I absolutely CANNOT believe this. As you may know, a Southwest Airlines flight had to conduct an emergency evacuation after its right side tire caught on fire after landing. Luckily, all passengers made it off the airplane safely and nobody was harmed. All was good, thank God. BUT, UNFORTUNATELY STUPID PASSENGERS ARE ALLOWED TO TRAVEL. Take a look at the video below - feel free to fast forward to about minute 3:45 and then watch the back slide closely. That's right, it's a suitcase floating down the slide. And yes, that's right, there is a STUPID PERSON coming down and stopping to pick up the papers!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! Really and truly - the TSA needs to add CT machines at the security check point just to make sure there aren't passengers loading the plane who are completely and totally missing a brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment